Lac des Sables
A healthy and safe lake for all
Lac des Sables
A healthy lake is important for citizens, merchants and vacationers, and also for the biodiversity of the ecosystem that borders the lake.
Safety means respectful cohabitation. All people including wildlife should feel confident on and in the lake, from swimmers, loons, small boats, to motorboats.
APELS, the custodian of the lake
– a healthy lake
– a safe lake for all water-based activities
– an informed and engaged public.
APELS’ work is supported by scientific research on ecosystem indicators and the state of Lac des Sables.
Discover our vision, mission and values.
Our association is built in the image of several other APEL (Association for the Protection of the Lake Environment…) in the province of Quebec. We are on the lookout for best practices to ensure the protection and safety of lakes.
Together, create a movement that ensures the health of the lake for generations to come.
Our mission is to safeguard Lac des Sables of Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts and to ensure safe water activities.
Here are the values that guide APELS’ actions:
- Scientific foundation
APELS history and achievements
Our achievements in a nutshell
Board of Directors and Code of Ethics
Board of Directors
Code of Ethics
- The only objective: adherence to the Mandate of APELS
- Democracy – The board’s decisions are enforceable
- Concrete contribution to APELS’ mandate
In addition, the Board of Directors is committed to complying with the following operating rules:
- APELS is a non-political, non-profit organization.
- The funds and assets belong 100% to APELS.
- No member may derive a personal financial or other benefit for him/her and/or his family.
- All APELS expenditures must be approved by the Board.
Exception for members compensation
- Approval by 75% (total members) of the Board
- An exceptional case should never compromise
- APELS’ mandate
- APELS’ credibility
- The Integrity of APELS
- The perception of the integrity of APELS
- All exception must be documented in writing (minutes or other texts) in order to justify the Board’s decision.